On April 27, the members of the FIAS Executive Committee voted for the introduction of changes and additions to the International SAMBO Rules. The list of changes, as well as the dates when the decisions come into force, are published on the FIAS official website.
Changes to the International Sambo rules (combat) for all ages
1. Article 32. Warnings
Cancel the penalty (warning) for intentional grip:
– for the jacket flaps,
– by the belt ends,
– SAMBO shoes collar or lacing (because they are covered with shin guards),
– for grip the opponent’s jacket sleeves from the inside.
The decision is valid from April 27, 2022.
2. Article 8. Uniform regulations
Present a new design of shorts (for example, shorts for beach sambo) and allow throws with the grip of shorts.
The decision is valid from January 1, 2024.
The main differences between the rules of Combat SAMBO (cadets, youths) from the rules for adults
The Rules for Combat SAMBO for adults and juniors are taken as a basis, but with additions:
1. Protective equipment:
– gloves with a large volume and filling (6 oz.).
2. Evaluation of technical actions:
– a knockdown is equivalent to a knockout – a total victory.
3. Prohibited actions:
– elbow strikes;
– head strikes;
– knee strikes to the head;
– punches and kicks to the head in the ground position;
– a lever and a hip knot;
– a crushing of the calf muscle through the attacker’s shin;
– a reverse shoulder knot with a leg.
4. Time of the bout: 4 min.
5. Painful holds and Chokeholds
It shall only be permitted to start chokeholds and painful holds during bouts when the defender is in a ground position, while the attacker may be in a standing position.
A chokeholds and painful hold on the leg must be stopped as soon as the defender goes into a standing position.
A painful hold on the arm must be stopped as soon as both athletes are in a standing position (complete detachment of the opponent from the mat).