The International SAMBO Federation had regular meeting of the Executive Committee. The event was attended by FIAS President Vasily Shestakov, Secretary General Roberto Ferraris, Vice-presidents Alamjon Mullaev, Dalil Skalli, Sergey Eliseev, Andrey Klyamko, as well as members of the Executive Committee Laure Fournier, Monique Athanase, Cesar Arteaga, Tatjana Trivic, Merampi Iliadis, Chongkeum Moon and Nobuyuki Asai.
Several topical and in many respects crucial issues were submitted for consideration of the participants. As a result of the work of the Executive Committee a number of decisions were adopted:
1. To amend the Regulations for Organizing and Holding Official FIAS Competitions with respect to a maximum age limit for the referees and set the limit at the age of 55; for the Chief referee, chief secretary and deputy chief referee – at the age of 60.
2. To amend the FIAS Refereeing rules with respect to the weight categories change (takes effect on January 1, 2021; or can be applied from December 1, 2019 at the FIAS international competitions and multisport events by the decision of FIAS President):
Cadets (14-16 y.o.): 41 kg, 44 kg, 47 kg, 50 kg, 54 kg, 59 kg, 65 kg, 72 kg, +72 kg;
Youth (16-18 y.o.): 47 kg, 50 kg, 54 kg, 59 kg, 65 kg, 72 kg, 80 kg, +80 kg;
Juniors and Adults: 50 kg, 54 kg, 59 kg, 65 kg, 72 kg, 80 kg, +80 kg.
Cadets (14-16 y.o.): 46 kg, 49 kg, 53 kg, 58 kg, 64 kg, 71 kg, 79 kg, 88 kg, +88 kg;
Youth (16-18 y.o.): 53 kg, 58 kg, 64 kg, 71 kg, 79 kg, 88 kg, 98 kg, +98 kg;
Juniors and Adults: 58 kg, 64 kg, 71 kg, 79 kg, 88 kg, 98 kg, +98 kg.
3. To amend the FIAS Refereeing rules with respect to the bout duration for Juniors and Adults (Men and Women) to become 5 minutes, for Youth and Cadets – 4 minutes.
4. To amend the FIAS Refereeing rules and rectify the following:
If there is only one athlete in a weight category, the awarding ceremony should not be held officially, but an athlete receives a medal, diploma and his/her result will be counted in the team scoring;
If there are two or more athletes in a weight category, the competitions run according to the general rules.
5. To adopt Cyprus as the host country of the World Beach SAMBO Championships 2020. The World Beach SAMBO Championships will be held for the first time in FIAS history.