Last week UFC President Dana White revealed that Conor McGregor (21-4) will be making his UFC comeback before the end of 2019, but there is no certainty on who will “The Notorious” face.
Meanwhile, we’re just two months away from the much-anticipated return of the one and only Nate Diaz (19-11). The Stockton native was absent from the mixed martial arts scene in the last three years, but now the 34-years-old will be getting inside the Octagon for the first time since his 2016 defeat to McGregor himself.
With that being said, the fans are craving for a third mega-fight between the pair. And it seems not only the fans want to see this epic third clash, but Conor’s coach – John Kavanagh is also supportive of the idea.
Asked if the 30-years-old Irish will be fighting in 2019 and who Kavanagh prefers, the 42-years-old backed Diaz.
Nate Diaz is BACK! 👊
For the first time in three years, he returns to the octagon 🙌
🇺🇸 Pettis 🆚 Diaz 🇺🇸
📆 August 17th
📺 BT Sport
— Watch UFC 239 live on BT Sport Box Office (@btsportufc) May 14, 2019
“Um, yes,” Kavanagh said.
“I always loved the Diaz trilogy, I’ve said that from the start. I think that’s – I’m really looking forward to seeing how Nate looks in his upcoming bout.
“As a fan, that’s very exciting. Justin Gaethje kind of reminds me of that similar style, he can take a tremendous amount of punishment and keep coming forward.
— Boxing News Now (@Boxing_NewsNow) June 18, 2019
“Honestly, if Conor’s excited and motivated and pushing himself hard – it doesn’t matter all that much to me.
“Anyone in the UFC at the level that Conor will be fighting are good opponents, different challenges – if you’re going to put a gun to be, it would be the Diaz trilogy. That would be for me.”