While the search for a new opponent is on, the IBF, WBA “Super” and WBO world heavyweight champ Anthony Joshua (22-0-0) made a video statement on the situation.
As you already know, the originally scheduled fight between “AJ” and Jarrell Miller is off because the American failed three separate drug test and his license was suspended. The 29-year-old Joshua is still gonna make his US debut on June 1 in New York, as his next adversary is yet to be announced.
In a video posted to his YouTube channel, Joshua began:
“I didn’t wanna talk too much on the situation with Jarrell Miller because it’s not in my character to knock a man when he’s down.
However there was a lot of things he said previously, in the press conferences and the build-up, so I wanted to crack him in his jaw. The lesson to learn in this situation is karma works in various ways and what goes around will come back around. I feel like he has taken fate and his own blessings out of his own hands.”
He continued: “Good luck to the kid Jarrell Miller whatever he does with his life. As I said, I’m not gonna knock him when he’s down. But he doesn’t even deserve to be in the ring with me or any other heavyweight right now.
“June 1, MSG, still going ahead. The landlord will still come and collect his rent. And by the way, to Miller’s mum: ‘I still love you and if there’s anything I can do for you, just let me know’.”