The city of Kocaeli in Turkiye hosts the third Karate 1-Series A event of the season. The tournament is expected to be a massive celebration of the sport.
Over 1000 competitors from 75 countries have registered to participate in the 2022 Karate 1-Series A Kocaeli. This number represents a record-breaking tally this season as it well exceeds the figures of participation in previous events.
The tournament will be another opportunity for competitors to win points to improve their standings at the WKF World Ranking.
This is all you need to know about #Karate1Kocaeli:
- The 2022 Karate 1-Series A Kocaeli is the third event of the season of the Karate 1-Series A.
- The first event of the season was held in Pamplona (Spain) from January 28 to 30.
- The second event took place in Cairo (Egypt) from June 10 to 12.
- The Karate 1-Series A competition is designed to provide karatekas with the opportunity to compete at the highest level in an open tournament and to earn points to improve their position in WKF World Ranking.
- The event will take place in Kocaeli, at the Sehit Polis Recep Topaloglu Sports hall
- Turkiye are one of the main powerhouse nations of the sport. This year the European country hosted the EKF Senior Championships in Gaziantep and will be the venue of the 2022 World Cadet, Junior & U21 Championships in Konya.
- The city of Kocaeli has also hosted major Karate events, most notably, the European Senior Championships in 2017.
- The tournament is scheduled for September 23 to 25
- The event begins on Friday, September 23 at 09:00 (local time GMT +3) and is set to finish on Sunday, September 25 around 18.00 (local time).
- The Finals are scheduled for Sunday, from 14.30 to 18.00.
- Over 1000 athletes from 75 countries are registered to participate in the tournament.
- Hosts of Turkiye present the largest delegation with 136 competitors followed by Iran with 127 and Italy with 97.
- The event is reserved for competitors who are placed from position 32 downwards in the WKF World Ranking. The categories are limited to a maximum of 96 competitors per division.
Source and image: www.wkf.net