The Executive Committee of Kyokushin World Union (KWU) had a meeting on July 4 in a framework of the XIII KWU International Summer Camp in Kamchia, Bulgaria.
The agenda of the meeting included the following topics:
– the entrance of new organizations in KWU
– the appointment of one judge per country to train other judges and hold judging seminars according to KWU rules
– the appointment of a major coach of the KWU team at the 12th Open World Karate Championship
– other issues
The meeting was attended by Kancho Hatsuo Royama (President of Kyokushin-kan International Organization Honbu and co-chairman of KWU), Shihan David Pickthall (Vice-president of International Federation of Karate), Shihan Antonio Pinero (President of KWF), Shihan Andrezej Drewniak (Secretary-General of Kyokushin World Federation), Sensei Aleksandr Pichkunov (Secretary-general of KWU), Mikhail Slipenchuk.
Here are some of the decision that was taken during the meeting:
– The document on the expansion of KWU was adopted unanimously.
– Criteria for a potential KWU member was established. An organization must have representatives in a minimum of 25 countries on 3 continents, with at least 3 countries per continent and the organization has to be registered as a sports organization.
– It was unanimously decided to admit the”KyokushinRyu” organization to KWU
– David Pickthall was unanimously appointed to be the major coach of the KWU team in the upcoming 12th Open Karate World Championship.