Russian sambist Denis Goltsov has repeatedly become the champion of Russia, Europe and the world in SAMBO.
He also successfully competes in mixed martial arts. In an interview with the FIAS website, Goltsov spoke about another area of activity that has fascinated him lately.
Denis, there are rumors that you have a desire to create your own YouTube channel.
– Yes, there are such thoughts, I am working in this direction now. But the information on my channel will generally not be sports. Usually people know little about what happens in our everyday life. I think that in our time there are not enough simple, one might even say spiritual things that are somewhere inside a person.
After all, sport, one way or another, equals everyone one size fits all, so you cannot fully open up and realize yourself in other directions. Each person may have some kind of artist inside, but he has no opportunity to realize himself. I have chosen a certain direction for myself and, I think, I will embody it in the YouTube channel.
Are you keeping the direction secret for now?
– Of course, otherwise it will not be interesting. Now I am slowly delving into the work of a video editor, learning how to edit correctly, choose the light, do color correction – I master the inner moments. Because if you do not know how to do this, you will not be able to convey to a specialist your vision of what should be in the video. You have to go through it yourself and understand how it happens.
What is living inside you? What do you want to be realized in?
– Despite the fact that, in principle, my brains are structural, in general, a creative person lives inside me who would like to share sincere things.
You are the ambassador of the SAMBO to School program. What are your activities?
– My role is to organize the whole process. To establish interaction between the people who develop the project and the administration of districts and schools of St. Petersburg. It is necessary to explain to school principals why all this is being done, what we would like to receive as a result. Therefore, we have to show everyone live, find a common language, mutual understanding. And as a result, it turns out to introduce the SAMBO to School program in various educational institutions. I am sure that some of the schoolchildren who took part in training under this program will be able to prove themselves in the future in the international sports arena.
Do you do administrative work with paperwork?
– Not certainly in that way. We need to present SAMBO to children correctly. Not to tell in serious form, but to do it in a fun and colorful way. You need to come and show them the guys who are performing in the international arena. Schoolchildren should see vivid fights with amplitude throws that will impress them and inspire to practice SAMBO.
Find the full interview HERE.