Luis Ortiz (31-1-0) was offered a “low ball” to replace Jarrell Miller on June 1, his management team stated. The heavyweight Cuban was the top priority to team Joshua according to Eddie Hearn, but the British promoter previously said that Joshua-Ortiz won’t be happening because the manager of “King Kong” allegedly answered to Hearn that Luis needs more time to prepare.
That left the former WBA Intercontinental heavyweight champion out of the picture, as now the top name for the hot seat is Andy Ruis.
But Ortiz’s team have now confirmed the fight will not be going ahead because they have not received a satisfactory offer.
View this post on Instagram
It’s a no go for June 1 ..Sorry guys we where told to stay as quite as possible and play possum until fight had been made because every-time someone called Luis out it would be a gimmick to promote them self but it still didn’t work .. we just received news from promoter that it’s a no go and it was all a gimmick and Hearns low ball offers will not be accepted and no contract even ever got sent so sorry to all the loyal fans .. Luis really wanted this title shot … #LuisvsJoshua #LuisOrtiz #heavyweight #southpaw #dadecounty #305 #bestheavyweight
The 29-year-old WBA “Super”, IBF and WBO world champion will still make his US debut on June 1 in New York and he expects an opponent to confirmed in the coming days.