The European Judo Championships in Prague that was postponed from April to June is now again postponed and will be held on November 8-10.
The European Judo Union decided so because of the coronavirus pandemic that canceled the 2020 Olympic Games in Tokyo this upcoming summer.
The new dates (8-10 November) are not final, as that remains to be confirmed with the Prague’s O2 Arena.
Here are the remaining calendar amendments:
*Cancellation of all EJU events (tournaments, training camps, seminars, festival) until the end of July 2020. The decision about August will be made by the end of April.
* Postponement of Cadet European Judo Championships 2020 in Riga LAT: New date 28 Nov – 1 Dec (Sat – Tue).
* Holding the combined European Championships for Juniors and U23 in Porec (CRO) 11 – 15 Nov. The LUX JF will keep the right of the Junior ECh organizer in 2021.
* Mixed Team Championships 2020 is intended to be held in Bucharest on Nov 28.
* European Club Championships 2020 (Europa League and Champions League) will be canceled.
* Both Kata and Veteran European Championships are postponed indefinitely, a new date will be set later in coordination with IJF depending on whether and when the Kata and Veteran World Championships will be held.
* Based on further development and possibilities, the EJU will try to put some additional Cadet, Junior & Senior cups in Sept/Oct, as well as training camps.