Once again, UFC lightweight champion Jon Jones is having troubles with the law. Allegedly.
The 32-years-old American has been charged with one count of battery for an alleged incident at a strip club in April, KRQE News 13 reported. The champ hasn’t been arrested.
Representatives of Jones provided the following statement on the case:
“Today, the media told Mr. Jones about a false accusation launched against him and that paperwork had been sent to an incorrect address. However, after receiving the documents from the press, Mr. Jones immediately went to pay the small fee, and he and multiple witnesses stand ready to factually refute the malicious lies being told about him to the public.”
According to the report, a cocktail waitress, who worked at TD’s Eubank Showclub in Albuquerque called the police to her home and alleged that Jones “slapped her inappropriately” and “pulled her down to his lap and kissed her neck”. Jones also allegedly placed the waitress in a chokehold and lifted her off the ground, she told the law enforcement.
Court records show that Jones did not appear at a bond arraignment for the battery charge in June, at which time a bench warrant was issued for his arrest. However, Jones apparently was unaware of it.
The court attempted to send Jones a letter later that month, but it bounced back June 24, per online records. “Bones” paid the $300 cash bond Sunday at the Metropolitan Court, per the KRQE News 13 report.